Lake Institute on Faith and Giving Releases “Giving to Religion”
The Lake Institute on Faith and Giving at the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy with support from Giving USA Foundation released its latest report on religious giving last month. The report tracks more than 9,000 individuals’ and families’ giving. Here are some of the highlights:
- People who are religious are more likely to make a charitable contribution of any kind.
- The percentage of people giving to religious congregations is declining, but they are giving at steady rates.
- People who attend regularly give more regularly and make larger gifts.
- Giving to religion increases with a donor’s rise in income, but decreases as a share of overall income.
- Contrary to popular belief, younger generations do give to religion.
You may order to entire report at https://store.givingusa.org/collections/2017-products.